Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Beavers or woodchucks in the neighborhood

Stopped to get the mail at the end of the street.
What's that? It's not a bunny. It's not a squirrel. What IS that thing??
Take a picture! Take a picture Mom!
Oh look there's 2!

Car goes by, animals run for cover, and then come back again but only 1. The other is still hiding.

I take the photo. A bicyclist comes up the dirt road to get her mail. I show her the photo. She zooms in on it to get a better look.

Beavers!

Beavers on land?

Well the lake is just across the street, and a large beaver lodge has been spotted upstream.

So beaver it is!


Or woodchuck/groundhog??

I posted this photo on Facebook and everyone is telling me it's a woodchuck. So I don't know now.

Woodchuck seems to be getting the majority vote though.

No comments:

Post a Comment