Friday, April 5, 2013

beautiful Thursday afternoon

My daughter's birthday is next week. In anticipation of some vacation time we have planned this year I gave her an early birthday present. She insists it isn't a birthday present, but a vacation present. Anyway. She helped pick it out and now we have another photographer in the family. I hope to be able to show off her photography in future blog posts, but for today anyway these are all mine.

Here's a picture of her taking a picture of me. 





I let her lead the way as we searched for places to get unusual and unique photos. I'm not posting any of her photos today, but here are a few of mine. These pictures are only possible when the water levels are low during the off-season at the lake.









After this adventure, we went back up to the Association Hall. Just in case you think the snow is really gone. Here's a little reminder-

We dropped off her camera (she had run through her first set of batteries) and the mail at home, and continued on her bicycle through the neighborhood. Then we stopped at the small Association beach on Shore Drive. There is still the thinnest sheet of ice on most of the lake, but it is melting every day. It was after 6pm by the time we got here, so sunset was approaching. Again, low water levels made it possible for us to walk where we would not be able to during the summer. I enjoy being able to get camera angles that I can't get during the warmer months of the year.








So there you go. I did see a couple of geese, but none that I could get a good picture of. We are also starting to see some of our snow-birding neighbors returning to the neighborhood so warm weather is definitely on it's way soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment